Gingerbread house

I made a gingerbread house! And actually it didn´t turn out half bad. I could almost say that i´m proud of it (but i won´t, finns are not allowed to feel proud, especially not admitting it!)
Winter time is total pain in the arse, in many ways, one of them is darkness. I just haven´t managed to take photos for posts, because natural light lasts only few funny hours per day. I´ve been wanting to write (even tho this is such monologue, i still enjoy it!) but yea, it´s hard to rip time out of these short-ass days. And in south, no snow anymore, which makes everything even darker and more depressing. Well, i think past 5 years atleast have been like this, so unfortunately i believe it´s safe to say. In january we have had a bit more snow, for now, let´s see how this winter will be. But those snowy christmases i remember from my childhood, they are long gone!
Back to the topic. I´m studying to be a baker, and on wednesday we made gingerbread houses at school. Those tiny little gingerbread decos have never been my strongest side, and as always, my creation was ugly and awful. Really annoying i thought. Some of the classmates made insane looking houses, i don´t get it. I have such awkward, fatty fingers. Well, i had made pieces for two houses so i decided to take them others home with me incase i would feel brave enough to try again.
But yes, yesterday i woke up earlier than usually, already 6am when my boyfriend left for work. I couldn´t sleep anymore for some reason (usually that´s no problem at all!) so i got up before 7am. I drank my coffee tank full, and then i thought you know what, i will give it a second try. And in 3 hours, i had built this thing you can actually recognize as gingerbread house!

_IMG_8939 _IMG_8933

This weekend i´m also planning to make some christmas casseroles (i am not quite sure if that´s what they are called tho. Anyway, traditional christmas dishes we eat here) and raw-freeze them. And when the christmas comes, i can just put them in the oven. I can´t wait all the yummy foods! Crazy, only one week and some days till that. Might just be that i find my way back here after christmas. I don´t like to promise thing u see. If that´s the case, Merry christmas!!

Kommentit

Suositut tekstit